The confidentiality of your information is of paramount concern to Cosmetic Foot Surgery. To this end, we comply with all data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and all medical confidentiality guidelines.
Any other data which we collect that cannot be used to personally identify you will only be used to help us make improvements to the site and our customer offering.
What information may we collect when you use this site or when you contact us?
(1) You may decide to submit personal information to Cosmetic Foot Surgery, by completing a ‘contact us’ form or by contacting us through email, telephone, social media or blog replies. We may add this information to a database so that we can identify you and manage our relationship with you as a Cosmetic Foot Surgery customer. We also use this information to update and improve the accuracy of our records and for those other purposes set out in this policy. The type of information we collect and would refer to as ‘personal information’ or ‘personal data’ includes any information that may identify you as an individual, such as your name and address, as personal data or personal information.
For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- name and job title
- age and date of birth
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Sometimes you may decide to submit personal information which is of a more private nature, which we refer to as sensitive personal information.
We may collect the following sensitive personal information if you share it with us and if we believe the processing of this information is necessary:
- your physical condition
What do we do with the personal information we gather?
We require this information to understand the needs of our visitors and people who contact us in order to provide a better service. In particular, but not limited to, we require it for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping and administration
- providing and improving our products and services
- periodically sending promotional material about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address or other contact details that you have provided
- using the information to customise the website according to your interests
- responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
What do we do with the sensitive personal information we gather?
In addition to personal information, we may require sensitive information in order to:
- provide you with a quote
What do we do with the non-personally identifiable information we gather?
How long will we keep the data for?
We may hold personal information for as long as it is necessary to do so, having regard to the purposes for which it was collected and for how it might be further processed.
Non-personally identifiable information may be held for as long as it is necessary to monitor aggregated statistics about use of our site and exposure to our brand.
Please see the ‘Controlling your personal information’ section below for information about data deletion.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have installed physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cosmetic Foot Surgery sometimes uses third parties to process data on its behalf, for example in the fulfilment of orders, processing of payment details or the provision of support services. Such processing, which may include personal information being transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area, is subject to contractual restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security, in addition to the obligations imposed by the DPA.
Information submitted to Cosmetic Foot Surgery through this website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
Controlling your personal information
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, use the check box to indicate your preferences and/or do not provide the relevant information. However if you do not provide all or correct information which we may request, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant quotation.
If you have any Data Protection queries please write to us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to parties for any other organisations to use for their own purposes unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. However, you agree that:
We may share your information with selected third parties including (but not limited to)
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into and/or in order to provide you with the information and/or services requested.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.